Launching The Future
A Capital Campaign for Assumption High School
The Launching the Future Campaign concluded December 31, 2021, however, you can still make a difference by making a contribution to the endowment fund. Building our endowment allows us the opportunity to continue to educate young women now and in the future.
In response to the demands of a rapidly changing world, Assumption is called to expand and modernize. Over the decades we have accommodated significant growth in enrollment through the creativity, commitment, and dedication of our faculty and staff and through the generous support of our donors. Though we have refused to allow our space limitations to impact the way we educate, innovate, and create opportunities for our students, the changing way students are educated and learn necessitates a critical change for Assumption.
Over the past several years we have studied the challenges facing our school and have developed a comprehensive strategic plan to address them. Key components of this plan include improving our facilities to confront our space limitations and increasing our endowment to provide greater financial assistance to our students. Both initiatives reflect our unwavering commitment to making an exceptional educational experience available to all young women. Our buildings and campus are more than just a physical presence. Expansion of our facilities is required to meet critical space needs, offer greater security and accessibility, and provide opportunities for expanding our curriculum and enabling 21st century learning.
Nothing should stand in the way of young women who dream of becoming apart of the Community of Assumption and our tradition of excellence. Growing our endowment is the only way to make this happen. To keep our doors open to all families in need, we must offer more scholarships and financial assistance. Increasing our endowment is the surest way to honor this commitment and allow us to continue to welcome students from every corner of Louisville and beyond.
Space to Soar
Our buildings and campus are more than just a physical presence. Expansion of our facilities is required to meet critical space needs, offer greater security and accessibility, and provide opportunities for expanding our curriculum and enabling 21st century learning.
Significant enhancements include:
- Main Entrance – A new, accessible main entrance will provide greater security while serving as a prominent focal point for the campus, eliminating the issue of multiple entry points to the school.
- Chapel – A large and dedicated chapel will serve as a visible witness to our Catholic identity and Mercy charism, providing more opportunities for communal prayer and worship.
- Classrooms and Collaborative Space – Additional classrooms and collaborative spaces will accommodate current enrollment while keeping class sizes small, allow us to offer more courses, and provide needed space for project-based and cooperative learning.
- Cafeteria – A larger cafeteria will allow for fewer lunch periods, paving the way for critical master schedule changes needed to advance our academic goals and expand our curriculum.
- Learning Differences Program – Enhanced and expanded space will house our award-winning Learning Differences Program, ensuring that every student has the support necessary to excel and succeed.
- Connector – A bridge between the main building and the Convocation & Athletics Center (CAC) will improve accessibility, flow, and efficiency throughout the facilities.
The Future Begins Now.
Representatives of the Assumption High School community gathered for a private ceremonial groundbreaking to commemorate the start of construction. Once directives are provided by the Governor, a larger, public event will be held for the entire Assumption Community hopefully this fall.