Helpful Links & FAFSA Information
Follow us on social media:
Facebook- Assumption Guidance Parent Page
College Financial Aid Information and Links
- You and your daughter should be completing the 2022-2023 FAFSA with 2021 tax/financial information.
- Prior to starting the FAFSA, you and your daughter will each need to create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. You will need to write both down and keep it in a secure place. To get an FSA ID, follow this link: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
- You should never pay to complete the FAFSA – it is always free.
- For completion of the FAFSA, the only site you should use is: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- If you don’t know your daughter’s social security number, have her SSN card in front of you to ensure it gets entered correctly. If entered incorrectly, there will be several hoops to jump through to get corrected.
- Make sure you use the name given to your daughter on her birth certificate.
- Even if your daughter has taken DC courses, she will still select “Never attended college and 1st year undergraduate” on the grade level question.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1st.
- This is a trustworthy resource if you have questions: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out