Friday, February 26, 2021
We are thrilled to have wrapped up another successful Mission Week! We are so grateful to our faculty and staff committees for their detailed planning to ensure that each day ran smoothly as well as our students for their open-mindedness and enthusiasm that they brought each day. The innovative and creative ways that we were able to engage all students both in-person and virtually brought a wonderful energy to the week and resulted in positive feedback from the entire community. We are especially thankful to you, parents, for your commitment and support of this unique week designed to help your daughter excel in her own pursuit of excellence and creating her own “brave new world.” This week reminds us all that we are valuable people, that we have dignity and worth, and that what we do makes a difference. Thank you for your prayers and support of your daughters during this very special week.
COVID NUMBERS: As we did last semester, Assumption will report our number of COVID positive cases and quarantines for any individuals associated with our school on a weekly basis in the Rocket Report. As of yesterday, Assumption’s COVID-19 numbers for this week are: (2/19, 2/22, 2/23, 2/24, and 2/25)
- 2 new positive COVID-19 cases (2 students)
- 0 new quarantine cases
- 28 total positive COVID-19 cases as reported to our local department of health as of January 5, the start of this semester (24 students and 4 faculty/staff)
It’s important to note that there have been no known transmissions of COVID here at AHS. As a reminder to our parents, Assumption is required to report positive cases and quarantines of all individuals associated with our school to the State of Kentucky, our local health department as well as the Archdiocese of Louisville.
There’s been some welcome news regarding COVID recently. The overall state positivity rate is dropping, vaccine distribution is increasing, and Jefferson County has moved from the “red zone” of substantial community transmission to the lower level “orange zone” which means heightened community transmission. While those are all positive indicators related to COVID, as we have said before, we are not out of the woods yet. Even with the gains we are making against COVID, the requirements for schools have remain unchanged. All schools are required by the state to assure the highest level of best health practices and mitigation protocols including social distancing of at least 6’, mask use, good hygiene, and frequent and thorough sanitation.
Our focus right now is ensuring all our faculty and staff are fully inoculated against COVID which is considered two weeks after our second dose – which would be March 22nd. We continue to work with the Archdiocese and our local health department on hosting culminating and special celebrations safely. In addition to the above, we are focused on determining when and how we can bring more students back to the building again safely. We ask your patience as we work with the Archdiocese and our local health department to determine the most appropriate course in meeting this goal knowing that the virus and new strains continue to pose a threat to the health and safety of our entire community. We will continue to update you weekly.
As always, we remain grateful for your support and commitment of Assumption and to the safety of our entire community.
- DAILY SCHEDULE: Next week, we resume our regular hybrid schedule:
- Monday, March 1 – Day 1: In-Person – Maroon Cohort, Virtual at Home – Blue Cohort
- Tuesday, March 2 – Day 2: In-Person – Maroon Cohort, Virtual at Home – Blue Cohort
- Wednesday, March 3 – LEAD & Learn Wednesday: All Cohorts Digital at Home
- Thursday, March 4 – Day 3: In-Person – Blue Cohort, Virtual at Home – Maroon Cohort
- Friday, March 5 – Day 4: In-Person – Blue Cohort, Virtual at Home – Maroon Cohort
- On Wednesday, March 4 and Thursday, March 5, we will have our incoming freshman registration. We are excited to welcome the Class of 2025!
- PARENT PRAYER: Parent Prayer takes place every Tuesday morning from 8:30-9:00 a.m. via Zoom by using this link and ID/Password: Join Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75488139027?pwd=UDQrM3BDWlZRbElEbWdUL1FQRE4wZz09, Meeting ID: 754 8813 9027, passcode: prayer. All are invited!
- SUPPORT FOR OUR CAMBODIA SCHOOL: During Catholic Schools Week this year Assumption held two dress-down days to raise money to support our school in Cambodia. Called Change – Hope Through Education, this school was built by members of the Class of 2010 when they were seniors. Its goal is to provide an opportunity for education, something many girls around the world are deprived of. We raised $2,053.02 to help support another year of English and computer instruction for middle school kids in rural Cambodia!
Very important – FINANCIAL AID, SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION, AND REGISTRATION FEE DUE DATES. For our next school year, Assumption is proud to offer $1.5M in tuition assistance to help keep Assumption affordable. Please see the information below on due dates to apply for both financial aid and scholarships.
- FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS – DUE FEBRUARY 28: The due date for priority consideration for financial aid for the 2020-21 school year is THIS SUNDAY, February 28. If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please reach out to Tammy Finch in our Finance Department. As a reminder, you must file annually to receive financial aid. You can access our financial aid application through the following link – FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION LINK.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS – DUE MARCH 2: The due date for scholarship applications for the 2020-21 school year is Tuesday, March 2, at 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions regarding scholarships, please reach out to Jackie Bloyd in our Advancement Department. Scholarship winners will be announced at our end-of-year celebration hosted in May. Information on our scholarship program can be found on our website, and you can access scholarship applications through the following link – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS.
- REGISTRATION FEE AND TUITION SELECTION VIA MYSCHOOLBUCKS – DUE MARCH 15: Parents or guardians of current freshman, sophomore, or junior students were emailed a letter from Mary Lang announcing our tuition for the 2021-22 school year on Wednesday, January 27. Parents/Guardians will need to log into their PowerSchool Parent Portal (direct link: PowerSchool)and pay their $225 registration fee using MySchoolBucks, which can be found on the left-hand side library of the parent portal. This is a credit/debit, non-touch payment in which MSB receives a transaction fee that is included in the $225 registration fee. Contact Brent.firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy.email@example.com if you encounter difficulties with logging into PowerSchool and MySchoolBucks. If you are unable to pay the online $225 registration fee or have other arrangements with our finance office, please contact TAMMY FINCH. The registration fee and tuition selection need to be completed no later than March 15.
Save the date! VIRTUAL PARENT/TEACHER/STUDENT CONFERENCES: Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, March 11, from 5:00-8:00 p.m. in order to give students and parents the opportunity to meet with teachers about students’ progress. Conferences will take place virtually via Teams, and more information about scheduling conferences with your daughter’s teachers will be sent in a special message next week. All parents are invited to attend, but parents of students with a D or F in in a class or classes are required to attend. If you have any questions that cannot be addressed at parent/teacher/student conferences, please contact your daughter’s dean – JUDY FIELDHOUSE (students whose last names begin with A-K) or THERESA SCHUHMANN (students whose last names begin with L-Z)
SAVE THE DATE FOR A SPECIAL EVENING FOR FATHERS AND DAUGHTERS: We urge our students and their dads or important father figures to mark their calendars now for Saturday, March 13, as we do not want you to miss a night designed especially for you! Although current restrictions related to COVID-19 will prevent us from hosting our traditional Father-Daughter Dance this March, our senior Ambassadors are hard at work planning an experience you will not want to miss! On Saturday, March 13, from 6:30-9:30 p.m., we invite all Assumption fathers and daughters to spend a special night together. “Dinner & a Movie with Dad” will begin at 6:30 p.m. Students will be sent an email with more details, but dads/daughters can look forward to an evening that will open with prayer from Campus Minister MaryAnn Steutermann and include recipe ideas for a homemade pizza dinner, a movie list, and suggestions for movie treat. Make sure to save the date for a fun and memorable night!
LUNCH UPDATE FROM FLIK: Please remind your daughter to pre-order her lunch for next week if she plans to have FLIK provide her lunch on her hybrid in-person days.Lunch orders must be submitted by 8:30 a.m. the morning of but can be ordered a week in advance through this link: www.flikisdining.com. Your daughter will receive an email confirmation when the order is placed. If she does not receive a confirmation email, the order was not received by FLIK. For full information about the lunch ordering process, please click on this link: INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING LUNCH MENU AND ORDERING
- MAIN ENTRÉE LUNCH MENU OPTIONS for March 1-5: Homemade Meatballs/Marinara, Bowtie Pasta with Olive Oil or Alfredo, Roasted Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Cheeseburger, Steamed Corn, Parmesan Bread Sticks
UPCOMING CLUB OPPORTUNITIES: Be sure to ask you daughter to take some time to check out the upcoming club meetings that will continue to be posted regularly on the website calendar linked here: https://www.ahsrockets.org/events/event/
SUMMER ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES: Academic opportunities for the summer have been UPDATED. You can find these on our guidance department page by clicking here: Academic Summer Opportunities 2021. There are numerous opportunities available with many costing less than $1,000. Programs are grouped according to areas of interest like STEM or Creative Arts/Design or General Summer Pre-College Programs, etc.. Please contact LEIGH JACKSON or KIM HABICH with any questions.