We congratulate seniors Natalie Ambrosino and Sarah Chung on being named National Merit Finalists this week! We are so proud of this academic achievement. Additionally, we would like to thank all of our students for their hard work with standardized test preparation in and outside of the classroom.
- MISSION WEEK: Mission Weekis Monday – Thursday, February 24-27. We will begin school each morning one hour later at 9:05 a.m. and dismiss each day at 2:55 p.m. We believe that Mission Week activities are so important that we suspend classes for the week; all students are required to attend and participate in the activities scheduled, both on and off campus. All attendance policies apply during Mission Week–if your daughter is ill and unable to participate on a given day, please call the attendance office as usual. If at all possible, please do not schedule medical appointments for your daughter on days when she will be participating in activities off campus. During Mission Week, before-school supervision will be provided in the cafeteria as usual beginning at 7:15 a.m. each day. After-school supervision will also be provided each day in the cafeteria until 4:30 p.m. as usual. There is no school on Friday, February 28. More details about Mission Week were sent in a Special Message from the Principal email on Tuesday, February 4.Please be sure to check your email for this important message!
- PARENT PRAYER: The Parent Prayer group meets each Tuesday morning from 8:00-8:30 a.m. in the chapel at St. Catherine’s Convent, which is right across Tyler Lane from AHS. Just look for the sign! If you are unable to attend but would like them to pray for a particular intention, please email it to our campus minister MARY ANN STEUTERMANN. We hope you find comfort in knowing that we are praying for your intention even if you can’t be present.
FATHER-DAUGHTER DANCE: The Father-Daughter Dance will be held on Saturday, March 7, from 8:00-11:00 p.m. in the gym. This dance is open to ALL students— freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. We encourage all to attend and dance the night away with their fathers or father figures! Tickets may be purchased in advance during lunches on Tuesday, March 3 – March 6 for $20, or at the door the night of the dance for $25. The dance theme is “March Madness” and is basketball inspired! Guests are invited to dress for the theme, but of course, themed attire is not required. Music will be provided by the band Famous on Friday. Hope to see you there!
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY (NHS) APPLICATIONS: Completed applications are due by 3:10 p.m. on Thursday, February 20 (before Mission Week). Hard copy applications must be turned into the Guidance Office by 3:10 p.m. and date stamped. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DEADLINE! The application requires both student and parent/guardian signatures. Questions about applying to NHS can be directed to NHS adviser KELLY KIRWAN.
SUMMER ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES: Academic opportunities for the summer have been UPDATED. You can find these on our guidance department page by clicking here: SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES 2020. There are numerous opportunities available with many costing less than $1,000. Programs are grouped according to areas of interest like STEM or Creative Arts/Design or General Summer Pre-College Programs, etc. Applications are due in March and require the assistance of guidance for transcript releases, recommendations, and other documentation. Please contact LEIGH JACKSON or KIM HABICH with any questions.
IMPORTANT 2020-2021 REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- New this year! REGISTRATION FEE AND TUITION SELECTION VIA MYSCHOOLBUCKS: Parents/Guardians will need to log into their PowerSchool Parent Portal and pay their $225 registration fee using MySchoolBucks, which can be found on the left-hand side library of the parent portal. When your daughter registers for her classes, please provide her a copy of the receipt from the MySchoolBucks form to attach to her printout of her registration form. If you are unable to pay the online $225 registration fee or have other arrangements with our finance office, please contact TAMMY FINCH. If you have any questions about registration, please contact your daughter’s dean or our registrar KATHY FLEISCHER.
- PARENT POWERSCHOOL LOG IN FOR 2020-2021 REGISTRATION: We will continue meeting with freshman, sophomore, and junior students during Rocket Time over the next week to prepare for our online registration for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a great time to have a conversation with your daughter about her classes for next year. More detailed information will follow, but please make note that you will need to log into your parent PowerSchool account to register your daughter for classes next year. Online registration opened February 13, so you may now work with your daughter to select her classes. February 20 and 21 are the dates we will collect your daughter’s printed and signed registration form and $225.00 fee receipt. If you have forgotten your parent username or password for PowerSchool, when you go to the login screen for PowerSchool, just click on the link “Having trouble signing in?” and follow the directions to obtain a forgotten username or forgotten password
- FINANCIAL AID FORM: The financial aid link for 2020-2021 has been added to the school’s website. The due date is February 28, 2020, and the form must be submitted online to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION LINK
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: Scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now on our website. Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. via email on March 4, 2020. Please contact Advancement Services Manager JACKIE BLOYD with questions. Scholarship winners will be announced at our end-of-year celebration. You may access the applications through the following link – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS.
Deadline Today: MISSION WEEK PERMISSION SLIPS FOR JUNIOR AND SENIOR PARENTS: In the next week, juniors and seniors will be completing detailed permission slips for Mission Week activities. Please plan to sit down with your daughter and her tablet PC to review her Mission Week plans as your electronic signature will be required at the end of the form. Please ask your daughter about this if she does not mention it to you. The deadline for both junior and senior permission slips is February 14.
BLOOM THEATRE PROJECT: Bringing Life Onstage and Offstage through Ministry (BLOOM) is Assumption’s social justice theatre project. This year’s production, titled “Embrace the Journey,” will take place on Friday, February 21, and Saturday, February 22, at 7 p.m. The project features six student-written plays based on the theme, “Find Your Way.” The Advanced Theatre class invites you to experience these original works FREE of charge. General admission. No tickets required. If you or anyone in your party requires assistance or handicap accessibility, please contact COLLEEN MURPHY.
SPRING SPORTS TRYOUTS: Information for spring sports tryouts is below:
LACROSSE – at the Green
Saturday, February 15, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 16, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, February 17, from 3:45 to 5:45 p.m. (bus transportation provided)
Questions: email Coach Saunders at LaCrosse.Coach@ahsrockets.org
SOFTBALL – at the Green
Saturday, February 15, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Green
Monday, February 17, 3:30 to 5:45 p.m. (bus transportation provided)
Tuesday, February 18, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (bus transportation provided)
Questions: email Coach Pinkston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TENNIS– at Advantage Tennis Club (4014 Dutchman’s Lane 40207)
Monday, February 17, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 19, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Questions: email Coach Frank at Steve.email@example.com
TRACK – Any student interested in spring track should contact Coach Haworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRING SPORTS TRANSPORTATION TO THE GREEN: The bus transportation to the Athletic Complex/Green began on Tuesday, February 11. This is a free service. The bus leaves from the CAC parking lot at 3:00 p.m. Students MAY NOT leave the Green once they arrive on the bus. Snacks can be brought from home or purchased from the vending machines at school and taken with them. Please help us by reinforcing these expectations with your daughter.
|February||Date||Time Bus Leaves School||Practice or Game before 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||14||No bus||As of 1/28 no scheduled practices|
|Monday||17||3:00 p.m., 4:10 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Tuesday||18||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Wednesday||19||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Thursday||20||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Friday||21||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Monday||24||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Tuesday||25||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Wednesday||26||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Thursday||27||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Friday||28||No bus||No school|