At the Catholic Schools Week Mass on Tuesday, English teacher Dr. Lisa Wieland was the recipient of the 2020 Father Joseph McGee Award for Outstanding Catholic School Educator in the Archdiocese of Louisville. As we celebrate Catholic schools this week, we are especially grateful for Dr. Wieland and all of our faculty and staff who do such excellent work with our students every day!
We are very excited for our Rocket Spectacular event this Saturday, February 1, and would like to sincerely thank this year’s event sponsors. We are so grateful for their generosity and support of Assumption High School.
- DIAMOND Sponsors: Air Hydro Power, Brown-Forman, Clark & Riggs, Ellis & Badenhausen Orthopaedics, PSC, Sullivan-Cozart
- RUBY Sponsors: Archdiocese of Louisville Diaconate Office, Ford Law Office, JRA Architects, MAC Construction, Norton Healthcare, Republic Bank, Santa Rosa Systems, Sisters of Mercy-South Central Community
- EMERALD Sponsors: Corvus Capital LLC, Deye Family, Fifth Third Bank, Hanke Family, Hardy Communications & Cabling, TJ and Lisa Koetter, Ratterman & Sons Funeral Home, Unified Technologies
CALENDAR NOTE: School will be closed for Winter Break from Friday, February 7, through Monday, February 10. Classes will resume on Tuesday, February 11.
- PARENT PRAYER: The Parent Prayer group meets each Tuesday morning from 8:00-8:30 a.m. in the chapel at St. Catherine’s Convent, which is right across Tyler Lane from AHS. Just look for the sign! If you are unable to attend but would like them to pray for a particular intention, please email it to our campus minister MARY ANN STEUTERMANN. We hope you find comfort in knowing that we are praying for your intention even if you can’t be present.
IMPORTANT 2020-2021 REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- New this year! REGISTRATION FEE AND TUITION SELECTION VIA MYSCHOOLBUCKS: Parents or guardians of current freshman, sophomore, or junior students were emailed a letter from Mary Lang announcing our tuition for the 2020-21 school year earlier this week. Parents/Guardians will need to log into their PowerSchool Parent Portal and pay their $225 registration fee using MySchoolBucks, which can be found on the lefthand side library of the parent portal. When your daughter registers for her classes, please provide her a copy of the receipt from the MySchoolBucks form to attach to her printout of her registration form. If you are unable to pay the online $225 registration fee or have other arrangements with our finance office, please contact TAMMY FINCH. If you have any questions about registration, please contact your daughter’s dean or our registrar KATHY FLEISCHER.
- PARENT POWERSCHOOL LOG IN FOR 2020-2021 REGISTRATION: We will continue meeting with freshman, sophomore, and junior students during Rocket Time over the next week to prepare for our online registration for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a great time to have a conversation with your daughter about her classes for next year. More detailed information will follow, but please make note that you will need to log into your parent PowerSchool account to register your daughter for classes next year. Please mark your calendars for February 13, when online registration opens and you may work with your daughter to select her classes, and February 20 and 21, the dates we will collect your daughter’s printed and signed registration form and $225.00 fee receipt. If you have forgotten your parent username or password for PowerSchool, when you go to the login screen for PowerSchool, just click on the link “Having trouble signing in?” and follow the directions to obtain a forgotten username or forgotten password
- CURRENT FRESHMAN PARENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION NIGHT: Attention, all freshman parents–on Wednesday, February 5, at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria, dean of studies Theresa Schuhmann will provide information about the registration and course selection process for all freshman parents. We highly recommend that you take advantage of this important informational session in order to assist your daughters in planning their course of study for their sophomore year.
- 2020-2021 COURSE SELECTIONS: On Thursday, February 6, and Tuesday, February 11, our teachers will be conferencing with all current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors regarding their course selections for the 2020-2021 school year. Registration will open on Thursday, February 13.
- FINANCIAL AID FORM: The financial aid link for 2020-2021 has been added to the school’s website. The due date is February 28, 2020, and the form must be submitted online to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION LINK
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: Scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now on our website. Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. via email on March 4, 2020. Please contact Advancement Services Manager JACKIE BLOYD with questions. Scholarship winners will be announced at our end-of-year celebration. You may access the applications through the following link – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS.
COLLEGE TOPICS FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DIFFERENCES: On Sunday, February 2, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. the Learning Differences Program will host a panel of former PSP students who are currently attending local colleges and are using their accommodations at the post-secondary level. They will discuss various college issues for students with learning differences. This will be a great opportunity for you and your daughter to listen to their personal stories, discuss the challenges/successes of college, and ask alums various questions about their experiences. This meeting will be in the Media Center, so please use the CAC/gym entrance and an ambassador will greet you!
MISSION WEEK PERMISSION SLIPS FOR JUNIOR AND SENIOR PARENTS: In the next week, juniors and seniors will be completing detailed permission slips for Mission Week activities. Please plan to sit down with your daughter and her tablet PC to review her Mission Week plans as your electronic signature will be required at the end of the form. Please ask your daughter about this if she does not mention it to you. The deadline for both junior and senior permission slips is February 14.
SPIRIT WEEK: Next week, February 3-6, is Spirit Week. Our Varsity Club and Student Activities Office have planned several different activities to show support for our students and all that they do to make us proud. All dress-up days and penny war contributions are voluntary, but we highly encourage students to show their school and class spirit by getting creative and participating in some capacity. Penny War proceeds will go to fund Varsity Club endeavors and incentives, with any extra proceeds being donated to financial aid!
- Spirit Week Dress-Up Days: Students are invited to dress up according to a different theme each day next week. Students have been emailed the dress-up day descriptions and rules, so they may begin planning their costumes. Costumes are all or nothing (no “partial uniform/partial costume” dress); students may not wear masks or face paint; and current school policies regarding shoes and hair color still apply. Monday – Cowboys ss. Aliens Day, Tuesday – Family Points Day, Wednesday – Recreate a Picture Day, Thursday – Class Color day. Students will be eligible for prizes at lunch for participating in dress up days and for best costume!
- Class Penny War: A penny war between classes will be held every day during lunches with the results announced at the pep rally.
SPRING SPORTS TRYOUTS: Information for spring sports tryouts is below:
LACROSSE – at the Green
Saturday, February 15, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 16, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, February 17, from 3:45 to 5:45 p.m. (bus transportation provided)
Questions: email Coach Saunders at LaCrosse.Coach@ahsrockets.org
SOFTBALL – at the Green
Saturday, February 15, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Green
Monday, February 17, 3:30 to 5:45 p.m. (bus transportation provided)
Tuesday, February 18, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (bus transportation provided)
Questions: email Coach Pinkston at email@example.com
TENNIS– at Advantage Tennis Club (4014 Dutchman’s Lane 40207)
Monday, February 17, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 19, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Questions: email Coach Frank at Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org
TRACK – Any student interested in spring track should contact Coach Haworth at email@example.com
SPRING SPORTS TRANSPORTATION TO THE GREEN: The bus transportation to the Athletic Complex/Green will begin on Tuesday, February 11. This is a free service. The bus will leave from the CAC parking lot at 3:00 p.m. Students MAY NOT leave the Green once they arrive on the bus. Snacks can be brought from home or purchased from the vending machines at school and taken with them. Please help us by reinforcing these expectations with your daughter.
|February||Date||Time Bus Leaves School||Practice or Game before 5:00 p.m.|
|Monday||10||No bus||No school – Winter Break|
|Tuesday||11||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Wednesday||12||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Friday||14||No bus||As of 1/28 no scheduled practices|
|Monday||17||3:00 p.m., 4:10 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Tuesday||18||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Wednesday||19||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Thursday||20||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Friday||21||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Monday||24||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR, SB|
|Tuesday||25||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Wednesday||26||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Thursday||27||3:00 p.m.||LAX, TR|
|Friday||28||No bus||No school|
CHEER PREVIEW: Our Assumption cheer team will be competing in the UCA Nationals in Orlando the weekend of February 7-9. While we can’t all be there in person to cheer them on, we will have the opportunity to see their competition routine on Sunday, February 2, at 1:00 p.m. Please join us!