We have much to be thankful for this week! Yesterday, we enjoyed a fun and successful Canstruction day! We are super proud to announce that we brought in 17,241 cans for Dare to Care – a school record! Thank you all so much for any little bit you were able to give that added up to this truly monumental amount of food for those in our community.
Today, we took special time to thank God for all of the blessings in our school community during our Thanksgiving Celebration assembly. It was a pleasure to welcome many of our parents, families, and alums to this special event where we took time to express gratitude for those people in our lives who have helped us “find our way.” In addition, we announced the winner of the Assumption Rose Award given to a faculty or staff member who has made a significant difference in the lives of our students. Assumption is proud that James Sutherland, Spanish Teacher, was our recipient of this award – congratulations to Mr. Sutherland!
We would like to wish all of our Rocket families a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We are thankful and offer this Thanksgiving prayer for each and every one of you!
We turn our hearts to you on this day for giving thanks, mindful of your many gifts.
For each one, we are grateful.
For each one, we are blessed.
For each one, we are open to the abundance of your love.
May this Thanksgiving Day offer a reminder to be generous with others, as you are with us.
We praise you.
We rejoice in you.
We give you thanks.
— William H. Sadlier
- Assumption will close for Thanksgiving break from Wednesday, November 27 – Friday, November 29.
- Thursday, December 5, is a 12:25 dismissal day. When we return from our Thanksgiving break, we will be preparing for our Open House on Thursday, December 5, at 6:30 p.m. We will dismiss at 12:25 p.m. on Thursday to prepare for our visitors that evening. After-school supervision will not be provided, so please make arrangements for your daughters to be picked up at 12:25 p.m.
- Friday, December 6, is our Open House holiday and school will be closed.
- PARENT PRAYER: The Parent Prayer group meets each Tuesday morning from 8:00-8:30 a.m. in the chapel at St. Catherine’s Convent, which is right across Tyler Lane from AHS. Just look for the sign! If you are unable to attend but would like them to pray for a particular intention, please email it to our campus minister MARY ANN STEUTERMANN. We hope you find comfort in knowing that we are praying for your intention even if you can’t be present.
COOKIES FOR OPEN HOUSE – ATTENTION FRESHMAN PARENTS: Just a reminder to our freshman parents to bring their cookies to the cafeteria on Thursday morning, December 5. Thank you in advance for all your support.
GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT PODCAST: We are excited to invite you to listen to the fourth episode of our new Guidance Department podcast, AHS Counselor Conversations. Podcast episodes focus on a wide variety of topics such as mental health, academics, relationships, and college & career preparation. We are grateful that this new initiative allows us to make information accessible to you, our parents, at your convenience with just a couple clicks of a button; we hope it will help you in your efforts to give your teen the support she needs to grow into the best version of herself. On November 14, we hosted our annual AHS Career Day for our students. Four of our guest panelists were kind enough to stay after and record this episode for our parents. Regardless of your daughter’s age or stage in the career exploration process, we think this information will assist you in supporting her as she moves toward her future. You may listen via this link or by searching for “AHS Counselor Conversations” in Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Feel free to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future episodes as they are released through the school year. Questions and comments are always welcome at GuidancePodcast@ahsrockets.org.
FAIR TRADE SHOPPING NIGHT: The Environmental Concerns Committee is hosting a fair trade shopping night at Just Creations, 2722 Frankfort Avenue, on Friday, December 6, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The ECC will receive 15% of any sales during that time. Join the ECC as they support a store that not only protects the rights and dignity of workers but also strives for environmental sustainability!
CAMPUS STORE CHRISTMAS HOURS: The Assumption Campus Store is a great place to shop for your favorite Rocket! Stop by during our regular hours – Monday through Thursday from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. and Fridays from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. – or by appointment, or during our holiday hours:
- December 5, 6:00 p.m. (Open House)
- December 14, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Placement Test)
- December 15, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. (Basketball game)
- December 18, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. (Holiday hours)
- December 22, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. (Holiday hours)