At Assumption, the Guidance Department provides life, college, and career counseling services.
- Provide individual school counseling to students and meet with students at least once per semester.
- Provide individualized college counseling.
- Recognize the value of group counseling and offer the following support groups:
- A Grief Group for students who have lost a family member due to death
- A Transfer Group to help students adjust to a new school
- A Divorce Group to assist students adjusting to family changes
- A Personal Growth Group which helps students look at developmental issues and life choices
- Coordinate parent education events, which includes sponsorship of the Rocket Parent Network.
- Offer a Summer Seminar program for incoming freshmen to acclimate them to the Assumption community and to foster peer relationships.
- Implement a comprehensive alcohol and drug prevention education program.
- Support domestic violence awareness programming through collaboration with the Mary Byron Foundation and our Mary Byron Scholars Program.
- Support bystander empowerment through our Green Dot Program.
- Support school-to-career initiatives.
- Provide extracurricular opportunities for students through the following activities: Mental Health Awareness Club, Green Dot Club, Rockets Helping Others, Peer Leaders, Driver's Education Program, Chick-Fil-A Scholars Program, Diversity Club, Homeroom Mom Program, and Mary Byron Scholars.