Goal 1: To assist the students of Assumption High School in addressing their educational, personal, and social issues through a student assistance approach endorsed by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA).
- Objective 1:1: Provide individual student assistance counseling.
- Objective 1:2: Provide individual academic assistance and academic support services.
- Objective 1:3: Provide group counseling opportunities including, but not limited to, personal growth group, grief group, divorce group, minority issues discussion group, transfer groups, and other groups based on emerging student needs.
- Objective 1:4: Provide school wide programming and classroom guidance which focus on physical and emotional well-being, promote healthy lifestyles, and empower students to make positive choices.
- Objective 1:5: Provide referral resources to students and/or families who seek the services of a mental health professional or assistance of a community agency.
Goal 2: To recognize the wide range of abilities, talents, and needs of our student body by offering individualized college and career information and guidance.
- Objective 2:1: Provide individual college/career advising to students and collaborate with English teachers on the annual job shadow experience held during Mission Week each school year.
- Objective 2:2: Provide group college/career advising.
- Objective 2:3: Provide classroom counseling to familiarize juniors and seniors with the college application and scholarship process.
- Objective 2:4: Provide parent programs and individual appointments to impart information about the college application process, scholarships, financial aid, NCAA regulations, and other post-secondary planning topics.
Goal 3: To support and educate our parents, faculty, and staff and connect them to appropriate community resources.
- Objective 3:1: Oversee and develop the Rocket Parent Network, a community of parents supporting healthy and safe choices for their daughters, and for any students they supervise in their home.
- Objective 3:2: Provide parent education and support through parent information and discussion nights throughout the school year on topics relating to self-esteem, healthy choices, socio-educational issues, and other parenting topics.
- Objective 3:3: Provide individual contact and collaboration with parents seeking referral resources for their daughter and/or family.