High school students interested in transferring to Assumption:
FIRST: Are you interested in visiting Assumption?
- Schedule a personal tour of Assumption by contacting our Marketing and Admissions Office at 502-271-2673 or email@example.com.
- Schedule a shadow visit.
SECOND: Complete and submit the transfer student information form.
You will need the following items to complete the online form:
- unofficial transcript, if available, or past report cards and current grades-to-date
- attendance information, along with placement test scores or any standardized test scores (PreACT, ACT, SAT, MAP, Terra Nova, etc.)
- a written statement from both the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the student as to the reason she wishes to transfer to Assumption High School, providing as much detail as possible
If you have any questions or need to provide supplemental documentation, contact Kathy Fleischer, Registrar. You may also fax documents to 502-454-8411. Once these items have been completed and submitted to Assumption, our registrar will contact you about the next step. Scroll below to see an overview of what happens next.
Transfer information requested above must be on file no later October 31 for second semester and no than June 30 for a new academic year.
*Please note if you are applying for a transfer to Assumption and would like to be considered for financial assistance, you must complete the FACTS application. The deadline to complete FACTS is January 31, 2023 for the 2023-24 school year. Late applications will be considered but are deferred until all applications filed by the deadline are reviewed and awards granted.
In her words…
I transferred to Assumption my junior year. Assumption holds a very special place in my heart, I’ve met lifelong friends here. Something that sets this place apart from any other high school is that the students here really take pride in where they go to school. The first time I walked through the doors here at Assumption I knew that this is where I belonged. Transferring was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
What happens after I have submitted my daughter’s tranfer student information form and necessary documentation?
- Once we have all the requested information on file, our administration team reviews your daughter’s information and provides our registrar with permission to move forward with the transfer proces. This can take up to two weeks, especially during our own registration months of February and March. You will be contacted via email with instructions on setting up an appointment with a counselor assigned to your daughter’s grade. Our counselor will do an interview with your daughter and also provide time for your daughter to ask any questions she may have about Assumption.
- After your daughter’s interview with the grade appropriate counselor, the counselor will contact our admissions team with any recommendations or concerns. You will be contacted by email within one week of your daughter’s interview about the formal registration process.
Questions Regarding Transferring? Who to contact:
- Academic questions – In order to best answer academic questions specific to your daughter, please make sure above referenced documents are on file at Assumption. General transfer questions not answered here may be addressed to Kathy Fleischer or 502-271-2505.
- Specific course questions – See our course catalog.
- Athletic or specific sports questions – Contact our Athletic Office at 502-271-2555.
- Tuition or financial assistance questions – Please contact Lisa Raley, Executive Director of Finance & Facilities, at 502-271-2520 or visit our Tuition and Financial Assistance Webpage.