Incoming Freshman Admissions
Come spend time with us to learn all the ways that you can become the best version of yourself at Assumption.
TO START THE HIGH SCHOOL SEARCH:
Eighth graders are welcome to begin shadowing in the fall, and we welcome seventh graders beginning in January. Tailor your shadow visit to your interests by filling out our online form here or by giving us a call at 502-271-2514.
Attend Events for Future Rockets
- Curious about “AHS Numbers” and the Assumption advantage?
- Discover Assumption Day will give you all the information you need, directly from our administrators.
- Want to sit back and watch a game while eating some tasty treats?
- Come to Rocket Night! Cheer on our athletic teams, and pick up a free giveaway while you’re there!
- Never toured Assumption High School?
- Interact with current students and administrators during the school day while exploring our facilities on a Walk & Talk Tour.
- Interested in experiencing everything Assumption offers?
- Open House provides a glimpse into the Assumption community. Spend the evening on a guided tour or roaming the halls at your own pace while learning about any class, club, or pathway that piques your interest.
FOR CURRENT EIGHTH GRADERS:
1. Take the High School Placement Test
Eighth graders who would like to be considered for fall admittance need to take the High School Placement Test at Assumption High School. The test is offered in December and January and is necessary to be able to adequately place a student into the correct academic levels for her classes. Click here to learn more about the HSPT and when it is offered.
2. Attend the Welcome Party
All students who took the placement test at Assumption are invited to the Welcome Party where you can begin meeting members of your class.
3. Receive your Admissions Packet
An electronic acceptance letter will be sent mid-February, which will be followed by a mailed admissions packet.
4. Register as an Incoming Freshman
Freshman Registration occurs in early March. Future Rocket families meet with Assumption administration and faculty to discuss their daughter’s customized course schedule.
5. Attend Summer Seminar For Incoming Freshmen
Summer Seminar is a head start towards a great high school experience. Designed to make the transition from grade school to high school smooth and successful, Summer Seminar activities include the acquisition of practical knowledge, motivational tips, opportunities to know more about AHS, and time to make new friends.
Read All About Assumption
Still have questions? Contact the Assumption Admissions team at 502-271-2514.