Campus Ministry promotes a Catholic Christian environment within the school community, reflecting not only gospel values but the philosophy and mission of the Sisters of Mercy as well.
The Campus Ministry Department:
- Plans and implements seven whole school liturgies and prayer services, as well as special events for each class: freshman parent mass, sophomore ACTS service, junior ring ceremony, baccalaureate for graduating seniors
- Coordinates communal prayer opportunities such as morning prayers on the PA, faculty/staff meeting prayers, team and/or group prayers, Tuesday morning prayer with parents.
- Coordinates outreach ministries to the whole community
- Serves as liaison between the wider church, through the school chaplain, local pastors and/or archdiocesan offices
- Is available for pastoral counseling, spiritual companioning and community building activities
- Coordinates and implements celebration of Catholic Schools Week in conjunction with archdiocese
Our campus ministry program is committed to the words of St. Paul, "You have been called to look after something precious. Guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in you." … that “something precious” is the spiritual growth and development of the whole AHS community.
Faith at Assumption
Freedom to be. Allegiance to self, community, God. Integrity matters. Taking care of the possible and trusting God with the impossible. Hope, even in the darkest times.
Assumption's Campus Ministry encourages and assists students, faculty, and staff to grow personally during their years here. We are the only school in Louisville that has a four-year program of overnight retreats, including freshmen.
Required and elective theology classes broaden and deepen understanding of personal spirituality as well as Catholic tradition.
Service is integral to the community; the Class of 2015 performed over 26,000 hours of service. Optional mission trips, truly life-changing events, are open to seniors every year.
Additionally, our community gathers for worship to begin each year, to end each year, on feast days and holidays, and other meaningful times to praise and thank our Creator God for all our blessings. We are committed to living our FAITH.
: Information on Assumption's four-year retreat program, including schedules and themes.Service Learning Program/ACTS
: Describes Assumption's 4-year service program, ACTS (A Christian Through Service), for all class levels.Network for Mercy Education
: (External site) Website for the Sisters of Mercy.Catholicseekers.org
: (External site) Website for individuals who may have left the Church, who are interested in returning to the Church, or for those who, Catholic or not, are searching. By sharing the personal experiences of real people, we hope you will find guidance in overcoming obstacles and strengthen your relationship with God.
2016-2017 Liturgies and Prayer Services