Schedule a Shadow Visit Online!
We encourage you to "Challenge your Assumptions" and come spend the day with an AHS freshman. Meet your hostess, attend classes, meet students and teachers, enjoy a complimentary lunch, and experience life at Assumption firsthand.
How do I schedule a visit?
- Have your parent or guardian contact Jenna Brumleve in the Enrollment Office at 502-271-2514, or click here: Schedule a shadow visit.
- Please schedule your visit at least 48 hours in advance and plan to visit on a day when your school is not in session. Eighth grade students are invited to shadow in the fall and seventh grade students are welcome beginning in January.
- You will be matched with an Assumption freshman "host" based on your academic and extracurricular interests. Our "hosts" are trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience and can't wait to meet you! Student "hosts" can be requested too. It's up to you! Your visit will begin promptly at 8 a.m. and end at 1:20 p.m.
What will my day be like?
- 8:00 a.m.: Meet at the Main Office doors at the corner of Bardstown Road and Tyler Lane.
- 8:05-1:20 p.m.: You will be introduced to your "host" and proceed to class. Enjoy meeting teachers, participate in an activity period, and have lunch on us!
- 1:20 p.m.: Day complete! Pick up your free gift in our Campus Store and have your parent/guardian pick you up at the Convocation and Athletic Center/Campus Store located at the back of our building.
* Parents may contact the Enrollment Department to schedule a personal tour of our school. Please call 502-458-9551 for available tour dates.
What should I bring?
- A book or magazine will come in handy if our students have a test or quiz.
- Lunch is on us! Enjoy an amazing selection and variety of foods fresh from our kitchen. You may want to bring a few extra dollars in case you'd like something extra. Check out the FLIK website for a daily menu here.
- Print off this Shadow Documentation Form and have it signed by your school prior to your shadow visit. Bring the complete form with you to Assumption on the day of your visit.
*This form is only required if your daughter attends a Catholic school and only if the school is in session on the day she shadows. Please check with your individual school to see what their requirements may be.
What should I wear?
Casual clothes, including jeans and tennis shoes, are appropriate attire. Students should not wear shorts or midriff-baring clothing.
When can I come back and visit?
to see a complete list of opportunities specifically created for prospective students and their families.
To arrange for a Shadow Visit or answer any questions,
please contact Jenna Brumleve in the Enrollment Office at 502-458-9551.