Tablet PC Parent Resources
Internet Safety Tips
- Become computer literate and learn how to block objectionable material.
- Keep the computer in a common area where you can monitor your computer use
- Take your child seriously if she reports an exchange that made her feel uncomfortable
- Forward copies of obscene or threatening messages you or your child receives to your ISP
- Call the NCMEC at (800) 843-5678 if you are aware of the transmission, use, or viewing of child pornography online
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or the FBI if your child has received child pornography via the Internet.
- Be aware that many sites use “cookies,” devices that track specific information about the user, such as name, email address, and shopping preferences. Cookies can be disabled – ask your ISP for more information.
Sites for Internet Safety Information: